Please update your browser .
J.P. Morgan in Switzerland
Local expertise. Global resources. Our commitment to Switzerland.
Our presence in Switzerland dates back to 1964, when we opened a representative office in Geneva, followed by an office in Zurich. Our leadership in the country extends across our lines of business, including asset management, private banking, investment banking, investor services and treasury services.
J.P. Morgan has operated in Europe for nearly 200 years and has a sophisticated local market presence across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Within the region, J.P. Morgan has an unparalleled client base and leadership across the spectrum of financial services products. The regional head office in London is complemented by a strong regional footprint, with offices in all major financial centers.
Globally, through the JPMorgan Chase Foundation, we make philanthropic investments in cities where we have major operations, assisting those at a disadvantage by helping them build better lives for themselves, their families and their communities. Across EMEA, the firm focuses its investment and attention on three pillars: Economic Development, Financial Empowerment and Workforce Readiness.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. As announced in early 2018, JPMorgan Chase will deploy $1.75 billion in philanthropic capital around the world by 2023. We also lead volunteer service activities for employees in local communities by utilizing our many resources, including those that stem from access to capital, economies of scale, global reach and expertise.
Our Local History
With a legacy dating back to 1799, we have a history of demonstrating leadership during times of both economic growth and financial instability.
- 2001 : Following the merger of Chase Manhattan and J.P. Morgan in 2000, the two firms' private banking businesses in Switzerland merge, taking the name JPMorgan (Suisse).
- 1989 : Morgan Guaranty Trust Co. opens a branch in Zurich and also opens J.P. Morgan Financial Markets Ltd.
- 1984 : Chase Manhattan opens a full-service branch in Geneva, in addition to a representative branch and a subsidiary bank.
- 1983 : Chemical Bank expands its operation in Switzerland, opening a second branch in Geneva.
- 1982 : J.P. Morgan forms Morgan Guaranty (Switzerland) Ltd., a finance company that also engages in underwriting.
- 1980 : J.P. Morgan establishes a wholly-owned subsidiary bank in Geneva called J.P. Morgan (Suisse) S.A.
- Manufacturers Hanover Trust Co, a predecessor firm, opens a branch in Zurich.
- The First National Bank of Chicago, a predecessor firm, forms a subsidiary based in Geneva to co-manage Swiss franc bond issues and to broaden the bank's Eurobond trading activities.
- J.P. Morgan establishes Morgan Guaranty Investment Services S.A. in Geneva, a wholly-owned subsidiary, to furnish investment advisory services to individuals and institutions outside the United States.
- Chemical Bank opens a branch in Zurich.
- 1970 : The First National Bank of Chicago, a predecessor firm, opens a full-service branch in Geneva.
- Chase Manhattan forms a new bank in Geneva, a wholly-owned subsidiary, The Chase Manhattan Bank (Switzerland).
- Morgan Guaranty Trust Co. establishes a branch in Zurich.
- 1966 : Chase Manhattan acquires a 75% interest in Osterreichische Privat-und Kommercial Bank. In 1969 Chase purchases the remaining 25% and renames the bank Osterreichische Kommerzialbank.
- 1964 : Chase Manhattan opens a representative branch in Geneva.
- 1848 : The Waterbury Bank opens, a predecessor of the Chase Manhattan Bank.
- 1824 : The Chemical Bank is established.
- 1799 : The Manhattan Company, the firm's earliest predecessor institution, is chartered.
You're now leaving J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan’s website and/or mobile terms, privacy and security policies don’t apply to the site or app you're about to visit. Please review its terms, privacy and security policies to see how they apply to you. J.P. Morgan isn’t responsible for (and doesn’t provide) any products, services or content at this third-party site or app, except for products and services that explicitly carry the J.P. Morgan name.